Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Crit Review. 18-03-09

This was the ultimate, uba, organizing, planning crit that has made me recognize where i have been going wrong. I think the problem has not been with the designing, more to do with organizing of what i am going to be designing, giving myself deadlines and working to that. At the start of the Football Hooligan brief i had all sorts of ideas about how i could arrange type in relationship to research images of violence. It has given me some really interesting and informed work, but now i have come to a point where i need re assess where the football hooligan project is going and how much more time i am going to allow to it.
These were some of the comments from the crit.

Football Hooliganism: Publication

The publication could be something given out everyday over a week


This would allow me to incorporate my other research that i have missed out in the latest publication.

The publication works strong enough on its own, without attatching it to the guardian newspaper.


It could possibly be an option for me to take parts from the two above and produce my own series that document the areas of research i have gathered. This will potentially allow for me to include some of the interview that i will hopefully receive from the emails i have sent out.

Look into the publications you receive around the football stadiums, it could be that you design it to suite one of them.


This would be an excellent idea as it informs my design context and gets me thinking about designing editorally for different audiances.

Football Hooliganism: Advertisements

The feedback on this was to promote the publication oppose to attatching it to a made up T.V series. So i am going to stick to this direction. However i am not going to work on this anymore until i have the publication resolved. This will then give me the most informed foundation on which i can build the advertisements from.

E Numbers

I asked people to respond to the outcome of the E numbers brief. I was interesting in knowing whether it should be print based or done through a micro-site.

A micro-site would be good enough but a pocket book would be even better.


I have come to realise this would be the best way of reaching my audiance. The micro-site could be the extension of many health related organisations websites. This would leave the printed version available in a supermarket or health practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment